Wednesday, April 20, 2011

LiquoReview: Sam Houston American Straight Whiskey

I went to Lone Star Liquor earlier to check out the taste testing of The Kraken rum. I intended to wrap my tentacles around that, but the Sam Houston whiskey caught my eye, so I bought it instead. Admittedly, I tend to buy things based on their packaging sometimes... and this was one of those times. I was also interested for the obvious reason of its name being "Sam Houston." The employees gave it good reviews, but I was skeptical. 

Guess what, ladies and gents. It is pretty good. It is not as harsh as some whiskeys; it's pretty smooth. If you don't like the taste of Jack or Jim, you should give this a shot... or get away from whiskey altogether. 

I have heard of Sam Houston Straight Bourbon Whiskey, but that comes in a bottle with a black label. Hmm. I'm not sure who actually made the blue label SH whiskey, but like I said, it is pretty decent. I purchased it for $24.99. Give it a go if the mood strikes you. 

This isn't something I would drink all the time, but it would be a neat thing to serve at a SHSU-related event. You know, like at a graduation party or some-such. 


No comments:

Post a Comment